Clinical Social Worker Vicki Johnson puts her social work skills to use in a unique way as an advice columnist for military families. According to the article Social worker assumes ‘Dear Abby’ role for military families, Ms Johnson has been offering support to military families for nearly two years by means of a weekly advice column in a military newspaper called the Fort Campbell Courier. The article describes Ms Johnson as a military wife, mom, and cancer survivor. Please check out the article. It’s always a pleasure to read about innovative ways of providing support to those who may otherwise not seek assistance. You can also read Dear Ms. Vicki on the web.
- 24/10/2007: Social Work: A Depressing Career?
- 03/12/2008: Gifts for your Social Work Staff
- 19/11/2007: Stress Management Tips from the Cat
- 16/04/2007: Virginia Tech Massacre Condolence
- 15/05/2006: National Salvation Army Week May 15-21, 2006
- 27/06/2006: Women and Suicide
- 20/06/2006: How To Mess With Their Minds!